Medical Marijuana Certification for Eligible Patients
Medical Marijuana – Patient Information on Eligibility Qualifying conditions
If you are a current New Jersey State resident and have medical documentation of the diagnosis of one of the following conditions, you may be eligible for medical marijuana.
- Chronic pain of visceral origin
- Chronic pain related to musculoskeletal disorders
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
- Intractable skeletal spasticity, if resistant to conventional therapy
- Glaucoma, if resistant to conventional therapy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Terminal cancer
- Muscular dystrophy
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including Crohn's Disease
- Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome, which results from: positive status for HIV, Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, or cancer
The severe, debilitating, or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms.
The Medical Documentation Necessary for Eligibility
To ensure eligibility and to begin the patient certification process, we require each patient to have a copy of their medical records to confirm your diagnosis.
The recommended medical documentation should document your relevant condition. For example, if you have cancer, a recent pathology report from an oncologist is necessary for us to continue the process. For chronic pain, a recent EMG, if available. For PTSD, a psychiatrist’s or psychologist’s evaluation should be provided in writing. A list of current prescriptions should also be included.Contact Us
Setting up an Appointment
First Appointment for Possible Eligible Patients:
The office requires each patient to make a face-to-face evaluation with the doctor.
What to bring along with you to your appointment: A valid NJ Identification Card and a copy of your available medical documentation and/or records. Once you receive your certification from us, you will be able to register online for a medical marijuana card with the state of NJ. We have staff available in the office to help with registration.